Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 42 - Wilderness Systems 'Tsunami 120'

Mike Boren from the Aqua Adventures staff drew a boat name from the envelope for me tonight and came up with the Tsunami 120 from Wilderness Systems. Having just paddled the 145 yesterday I was curious to see how a very similar hull shape would compare in a different sized package (this time more appropriate to my body size). The boat's girth still made edging feel a bit clumsy, but because I fit the boat better I was able to hold the 120 on edge and carve turns fairly effectively. I shouldn't complain too much about edging I guess, the Tsunamis aren't advertised or expected to be performance hulls so what can I expect. We did have a fairly small and fast moving group tonight and I had no problem keeping up in the 120 which moves pretty well for a 12' boat. All in all it was a good night and a fun paddle and what it boils down to is when "armchair like" comfortable flat water cruising is the name of the game the Tsunamis have you covered.

Tsunami 120 Review

Manufacturer = Confluence
Brand = Wilderness Systems
Model = Tsunami 120
Material = Plastic
Type = Touring
Length = 12'-0"
Width = 25.5"
Weight = 50 lbs.
Capacity = 275 lbs.

Location = Thursday Evening Paddle - around Vacation isle to Bahia pt. into Mariners and back
Time = 6:00 PM
Distance = about 5 miles
Duration = 2:00
Avg. Speed = N/A
Conditions = Overcast breezy and chilly (San Diego chilly)

2 comments:

  1. If I can, I would like to support your 50th day paddle. I'll even get up ungodly early or paddle very late on Friday (and you know that's a sacrifice for me!). As we get closer - let us know if we can support that 'half way day'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps next Friday a good surf session is in order. The Mega has been dry too long.

    ReplyDelete