Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 35 - P&H 'Scorpio LV'

It was time for the Thursday Evening Paddle once again tonight and we had a great time following a meandering course around Santa Barbara Cove on Mission Bay. I entertained the group by carving 'kelp critters' out of bull kelp floats to adorn the bows of a few of the kayaks (kinda like carving pumpkins but without the seedy guts). Before the tour started I ended up on the dock pulling boats for the guests and didn't have a chance to select a boat from the envelope so, in the interest of time, I grabbed another P&H kayak on loan from Sean Morley which ended up being the Scorpio LV.

I liked this boat, which shouldn't be too much of a surprise as I already enjoyed paddling the regular Scoripo as well as the composit bigger brother the Cetus. What wasn't quite right about the other two was the fact that they fit me a little looser than I prefer. This low volume version gave the snug fit I like, and along with that better connection (and slightly shorter length) I could edge turns and maneuver this boat even better than the other two.

Scorpio LV Review

Manufacturer = P&H
Brand = P&H
Model = Scorpio LV
Type = Touring
Material = Plastic
Length = 16'-7"
Width = 21"
Weight = 55 lbs.

Location = Aqua Adventures Thursday Evening Paddle
Time = 6:00 PM
Distance = Approx 3.5 miles
Duration = 2:00 hours
Avg. Speed = N/A
Conditions = Sunny and beautiful

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you catching up with your reviews. I know you still have a long way to go, and I therefore have lots more to read, but I already know I'll miss them when you are done with all 100.

    ReplyDelete