Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 29 - Old Town 'Penobscot'

Without knowing exactly what was planned for the day, I got on the water before our classes started to practice some of my slowly improving open canoeing skills. Because we don't have one at home I decided to paddle the Old Town 'Penobscot'. The 10th mile long oblong pond was plenty of space to practice my sweeps, draws, rudders and other strokes that are ever so familiar from my sea kayaking experience but require a bit more thought in a canoe. The Penobscot was fun to paddle with a nicer glide and straighter tracking than I'm used to in the canoes we have at the store.

Penobscot Review

Manufacturer = Johnson Outdoors
Brand = Old Town
Model = Penobscot
Type = Open Canoe
Material =
Length =
Width =
Weight =

Location = Twin Valleys pond
Time = 5:45 AM
Distance = N/A
Duration = 1:00 hours
Avg. Speed = N/A
Conditions = Dead calm and warm

No comments:

Post a Comment