Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 20 - Wilderness Systems 'Tsunami 140'

I actually ended up paddling two boats today. The Tsunami 140 in the morning with the "Wednesday Morning Paddle" and (after realizing that the surf was pretty good) my Mega surf boat for a couple hours after work. I ended up choosing the boat that I'm least likely to revisit for today's review. The Tsunami 140 doesn't thrill me but, of course, it's not exactly designed to be 'thrilling'. It's a very stable and comfortable boat that beginner to early-intermediate paddlers feel secure in and can handle quite well. If someone is interested in casual paddles in relatively moderate conditions this would be a great choice. Someone looking for a boat that will allow them to advance their skills and boat handling abilities, I feel that this boat would be one that they'd outgrow in a hurry. I had a nice time in it this morning and dared to ride the swell along the rocks on the south jetty but only wished I could get a better body connection and edging control. Take it for what it is, a comfortable stable boat for casual paddles, and I think you'll like it.

Tsunami 140 Review

Manufacturer = Confluence
Brand = Wilderness Systems
Model = Tsunami 140
Type = Touring
Material = Plastic
Length = 14'-0"
Width = 24"
Weight = 55 lbs.
Capacity = 300 lbs.

Location = Aqua Adventures Wednesday Morning Paddle to the red buoy and back.
Time = 7:00 AM
Distance 3.76 miles
Duration = 1:23
Avg. Speed = 2.7 mph
Conditions = Sunny and clam with large smooth swell

No comments:

Post a Comment