Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 56 - Prijon 'Poseidon'

On Tuesday we were visited by the owner of WildWasser the US importer of Prijon kayaks. He's in the midst of a loop around the western states showing off a sampling of what Prijon has to offer. His next engagement on the west coast isn't until next weekend so we arranged for him to leave his truck full of kayaks here for a week while he flew home to Colorado rather than just kill time out here. That means that I have a whole pile of boats to play with for the next several days.

I figured today I'd see if I could find someone in the Thursday Evening Paddle that was interested in paddling the tandem Poseidon with me. As luck would have it a woman stopped by to just check things out on the dock thinking that she couldn't keep up because she hadn't paddled much and has been experiencing shoulder problems. I offered a ride in the front of the tandem so she could come along and have some fun on the water and she accepted.

The Poseidon is incredibly stable and was pretty nice to paddle. One thing I didn't care for was how close together the cockpits are which meant we had to be sure to stay perfectly synchronized to avoid whacking each others paddles. We also did a little sprint race against Sabrina and Kate who were paddling another tandem only to discover that the Poseidon isn't exactly what I would call a fast boat. I do love the deck mounted day hatches that access a roomy neoprene sock that held all the snacks I brought along for the relaxing evening of paddling on Mission Bay.

Poseidon Review

Manufacturer = Prijon
Brand = Prijon (imported by WildWasser)
Model = Poseidon
Type = Touring Tandem
Material = Plastic
Length = 17'-0"
Width = 26.75"
Weight = 81 lbs.

Location = Mission Bay - Thursday Evening Paddle
Time = 6:00 PM
Distance = N/A
Duration = 2:00
Avg Speed = N/A
Conditions = Partly cloudy and nice

No comments:

Post a Comment