Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 54 - Wilderness Systems 'Pungo 100' - On my birthday!

Holy man I was tired today!

I can't deny it, yesterday's Catalina for lunch trip kicked my rear. I would have very happily slept in this morning but Jen had plans for my birthday so I knew I better get my paddle in before work because we'd be heading out right afterward. So at 6:30 AM I dragged my sore body out of bed and went down to the Aqua Adventures docks for an hour of paddling in what turned out to be the Pungo 100. Talk about juxtaposition, yesterday it was 46 miles of open ocean in an 18' touring boat and today it was tootling around the bay in a 10' plastic rec boat. Thank god for the tootling rec boat today though, I'm not sure I could have handled anything more. As it was my sore and tired arms could only manage about one hundred yards of paddling before I had to put the paddle down and take a break. I managed to poke all the way around the perimeter of the marina then over to Mariner's cove where I scooched down inside the Pungo and took a five minute nap to regain my strength. The Pungo 100 tracks surprisingly well for a 10 long boat and moves along fast enough to cover some water on an outing. If relaxing paddles on sheltered water are your thing then a Pungo can fit the bill.

Pungo 100 Review

Manufacturer = Confluence
Brand = Wilderness Systems
Model = Pungo 100
Material = Plastic
Type = Recreational
Length = 10'-0"
Width = 30"
Weight = 48 lbs.
Capacity = 300 lbs.

Location = Mission Bay to Mariners Basin and back
Time = 7:00 AM
Distance = about 3 miles
Duration = 1:00
Avg. Speed = N/A
Conditions = Mostly cloudy and nice

1 comment:

  1. I am 5'7" and 225 lbs. I am planning on buying the Pungo 100 to use for exercise. Will this boat fit my needs or should I go with the Pungo 120?

    ReplyDelete