Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 51 - C4 'Holoholo' - 2009 BAY TO BAY RACE -

The 2009 Bay To Bay Race. This year I decided to do something a little different so I entered the five mile stand up division in the race. It was an open division and I found myself matched up against much longer boards. When the starting whistle blew I (along with the other folks on shorter boards) watched the long boards take off for a sizable and ever growing lead. It quickly boiled down to me and another guy battling it out for third place. We were pretty evenly matched but every time I interrupted my paddling to take a sip of water from my camelback he gained the distance of the two strokes I missed. After a couple sips of water by the second turn my adversary had gained a 100 foot lead on me. I closed the gap a little bit as we neared the finish line but he came in well ahead of me leaving me in fourth place out of six. The race wasn't the only thing going I had a great time chatting with the other participants and saying hi to friends after the race sharing in the community spirit the race seems to bring out in folks.

Holoholo Review

Manufacturer= C4
Brand = C4
Model = Holoholo
Type = SUP
Material = Epoxy
Length = 12'-0"
Width = 28
Weight = 25 lbs.

Location = San Diego Bay - 2009 BAY TO BAY RACE - 5 Mile stand up division (4th place)
Time = 9:15 AM
Distance = 5 miles
Duration = 1:19
Avg. Speed = Aprox 3.8 mph
Conditions = Partly cloudy and beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment