Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 9 - Wilderness Systems 'Tarpon 120'

Cut and paste yesterday's Tarpon 100 report, add 2 feet to the boat's length and you have my experience in the Tarpon 120. The extra two feet did add some speed and today I had no trouble maintaining a comfortable 4 mph. At one point I experienced a little weather cocking while running across the wind, a rudder could be added to the boat but I don't see where it'd ever be necessary as all it takes is an occasional stern draw kept things going straight.

Manufacturer = Confluence
Brand = Wilderness Systems
Model = Tarpon 120
Material = Plastic
Length = 12'-3"
Width = 30"
Weight = 64 lbs.
Capacity = 350 lbs.

Location = Mission Bay - Santa Barbara Cove and back
Time = 6:00 AM
Distance = 5.04 miles
Duration = 1:13
Avg. Speed = 4.14 mph
Conditions = Partly cloudy and breezy

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful creative writing Jake. Really enjoying your experienced perspective with different boats. Makes me contemplate my own boat(s) and experiences with other boats.

    Thom

    ReplyDelete